© 2010 WHPU
18. The Union shall be managed by a Council, which shall be composed of the Officers of the Union and two (2) Members from each
affiliated Federation, of only one (1) may be paid. The function of the Council shall be to deal with all business and to instruct the
Secretary on all matters requiring decisions. Those nominated to serve on the Council shall be known as Councillors who shall after
election serve for a period of one (1) year. Retiring Councillors are eligible for re-election. A Council Meeting will be called upon a
request signed by three (3) Councillors.
19. Officers and Councillors are not to be delegates from their Federation acting in an individual capacity and will only be answerable
to the General Council of the Welsh Homing Pigeon Union.
20. An extraordinary delegate Meeting of the Welsh Homing Pigeon Union, with the exception of an appeals decision by the full Council
which will be final and binding on all parties shall be called by ten (10) Affiliated Societies or seventy (70) Members of the Welsh
Homing Pigeon Union, notification for such a Meeting to be in the form of:
(a) For Affiliated Societies: A letter signed by the Secretary and Chairman of each Society stating their desire for such a Meeting and
setting out in full the proposed agenda for such Meeting. The said letter shall state the time and date of the Meeting of the Affiliated
Society at which the said Officers were mandated to send/sign such a letter and confirm that the Meeting of the said Affiliated
Society was called in accordance with the procedure set out herein.
(b) For Members: A letter calling such a Meeting signed by at least seventy (70) Members of the Welsh Homing Pigeon Union and in
which shall be set out the full agenda for the proposed extraordinary Delegate Meeting. The notification for such a Meeting to be sent
to the Secretary of the Welsh Homing Pigeon Union, who shall convene the Meeting within three (3) weeks of the notification and the
extraordinary Delegate Meeting shall deal with no other business than that set out in the agenda for the Meeting.
21. The Annual General Meeting of the Union shall be held on the first available Saturday in March, in each year. Meetings of the
Council shall be held as and when required. All Clubs must hold their AGM's before their Federation AGM. All Federations must
hold their AGM before the Welsh Homing Pigeon Union.
22. At all General Meetings of the Union including the Annual General Meeting, only mandated Club delegates to vote. Voting at
Meetings of the Union and of the Council shall be by show of hands. The President at such Meetings shall have only a casting
23. The Officers of the Union shall be: A President, Chairman and Treasurer who shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting from
the Members of the Union and to be in attendance, they shall hold Office for one (1) year, any Officer on retirement shall be eligible
for re-election. No more than one (1) Officer from any Federation. For a maximum of three (3) years, with the exception of the
President the maximum will be five (5) years. The Union shall also appoint a total of three (3) Life- Vice Presidents, not more than one
of which shall be from any single Federation, who will be nominated by Council and confirmed at the first A G M following nomination,
but without voting powers.
24. The Secretary, whose appointment is that of full-time Officer, shall attend all Meetings and keep a record of all written resolutions
and proceedings at such Meetings. Minutes to be circulated to each Club, after being confirmed by Council.
25. Each Affiliated Society shall upon receipt of a notice convening a General Meeting of the Union appoint one of its Members to attend
the Meeting of the Union as delegate.
26. The President, or in his absence the Chairman shall preside at all Council Meetings and General Meetings, in the absence of these
Officers the Council shall appoint one (1) of their number to Chair such Meetings.
27. No business shall be transacted at a Meeting unless a quorum be present at the time the Meeting proceeds to business. In a Meeting
of the Union fifteen (15) Delegates shall constitute a quorum and in a Meeting of the Council five (5) Councillors. The quorum of five
(5) can be made up from Officers and Councillors.
28. The Council shall cause minutes of all resolutions and proceedings of the Council to be entered in the Minute Book, to be from time
to time provided for the purpose, and in particular shall cause to be entered in such Minutes.
(a) The names of Officers and Councillors present at each Meeting.
(b) All matters of business transacted.
(c) The short particulars or any references to the Council and its findings in the matter.
(d) The Proposer and Seconders of all resolutions.
29. No Officer, or Official of any Society or Federation shall be deemed an Agent of the Union. The Union Shall not be bound or be
liable in respect of any action of such Officer or Official.
30. Any Office bearers of the Union shall, in all matters wherein they are authorised to act by these Rules, be deemed to be Agents
of the Union provided only and in so far as the said Officers shall have made full disclosure of all material facts to the Council and
shall seek ratification for their actions at the first Council Meeting following such Matters being just made known to them, but shall
not have power to pledge the credit of the Union unless specially authorised by the Council or General Meeting.